Catterel – [http://www.catterel.wordpress.com] – and I were commiserating about our “lost” comments: some essence of our work, collected on the blogs of others we’ve encountered around the blog- o-sphere . She agreed that the ‘essence’ might make good fodder the us word-grazers. Of course she suggested I NOT use the tempting “that would be utterly ridiculous”. So instead I’ll just say that it would be like going from the ridiculous to the bovine.
Here I’ll answer your questions. The best thing about blogging is that, by exposing your ‘self’ to interesting others, you get to meet wonderful people along the road.
1. My full name is…still unknown to me. It changes several times a day, as I evolve.
2. I AM a…a grandfather, husband, retired psychotherapist, wonderer. Tomorrow? Who knows!
3. I AM…heterosexual, but my sexuality only one part of a me.
4. I live with…two cats. A Calico named Keiko; but my wife & I have these meaningless arguments about whether its “Keiko”, “Kieko”, or”Kikko”. She has no voice [The cat; not my wife!!]; a rare characteristic in Calicoes. [Not rare at all in wives; although I’ve only had one so I shouldn’t generalize.] And I’ve only two in all. [Cats; I mean. There are two cats.]
These catty arguments have continued since 1964, when we got married, and have only gotten worse, no matter how many cats, or cat names, we have chosen. We HAVE called each other various names in our 48 years of wedded bliss. Isn’t it strange how “bliss” is so often rhymed with “hiss”.
My other, current cat is named Shaina: she is the worlds’ loudest cat. At night she’s ofter mistaken for a coyote!!
5. I love reading…since I was not able to for years after my stroke.
6. I do not eat nearly enough cheesecake! There’s a wonderful Portuguese bakery near me that serves with “natas”.
7, 8, 9. I’m a puer aeternus.
10. Sleep is under-rated…I do it all the time.
12. I AM single…not forever, one hopes!!,
13. I AM an Ethical Witch…Glad to meet you.
- Sunday Sleep In – “Song For My Father” ~ The Horace Silver Quintet (longshotsblues.wordpress.com)
- A two-faced kitten, Janus cat, born in Oregon, named ‘Deucy’ is doing well (theglobaldispatch.com)
- Music for your Spirit: Tito Puente (reikilifeworks.com)
- Horace Silver Quintet – Live In Boston – 1973 – Past Daily Downbeat (pastdaily.com)
- Deconstructed Calico (cattycallie.wordpress.com)
- !Calico Cat Mailbox (calicobrandscatmailboxmed.wordpress.com)
- Cats are not Peas – Laura Gould (kilobooks.wordpress.com)