The Hero's Journey Outline
The Hero’s Journey is a pattern of narrative identified by the American scholar Joseph Campbell that appears in drama, storytelling, myth, religious ritual, and psychological development. It describes the typical adventure of the archetype known as The Hero, the person who goes out and achieves great deeds on behalf of the group, tribe, or civilization.
Its stages are:
The Monomyth: My Here and Back Again
I realize where my struggles with Life, and Death, are leading me. The classic adventure: The Hero's Journey. I've walked road before. Bilbo's road. Frodo's road. Their stories are already told. At age 70, once again I go forth. Between "Then" and "Next" is the Great Beyond; from which no one returns. Frankly, I don't even know what that means. When I get there... ... ...and when I get THERE... ... ...I'll let you know.
-- If I know how to. --
- The Hero's Journey (writerwritingblog.wordpress.com)
- What is Your Hero's Journey? (alexiaisaak.com)
- SPOTLIGHT NON-FICTION: The Hero with 1000 Faces (dontreadbooks.com)
- 'The Hero's Journey'... Through Elementary School, Part 1. (storyvalues.wordpress.com)
- The Female Hero's Journey (jaklumen.wordpress.com)
- Blog #28 (flyohman.wordpress.com)
- Statis: a hero's journey (statisblog.com)
- 7 Extra-Ordinary Ways to Delete Your Fear (alaraparagas.com)
- The Lasting Myth of Structure (jdsfiction.wordpress.com)