Mr. D.S.: President and Facilitator — Los Angeles
International Association for Near Death Studies
Dear Mr. S,
First let me tell you something about myself. In 2002, at age 59, a had a stroke which left me paralyzed and unable to comprehend language. Couldn’t understand reading, writing, or speech. Its called aphasia. I was told that I ‘coded’ several times. All I felt, [internally, as it were] was nauseous and dizzy. And suddenly it was three weeks later.
I was in a rehab hospital for several months. But slowly, over the past decade, more and more competencies have returned. I’m still paralyzed [right-side] but I have a good life.
Recently a dream from those times returned. And that’s what prompted my inquiry to IANDS. In the dream, I’m in some sort of temple. Not clear if its Christian or Jewish, but there’s a distinct middle-eastern theme. And the temple is HUGE. And empty.
A mysterious man comes in and sits right next to ME!! Doesn’t do or say anything. His very presence is ominus. Just sits right next to me. But why is he sitting next to ME. There’s plenty of space elsewhere. But he’s invading my space.
Well that’s all there was to the dream. Until about a week ago. But then, Kla-blam!! I realized what it all means.
“HE” is Death. He’s not ready for me. Yet. He’s, like, sizing me up.
He knows he’ll win. He always wins. Just not today. Not today!! I respect him. And he seems to respects me. We’ve staked out our territory.
And it goes. Until it doesn’t ‘go’ anymore.
— — —
So that’s my story.
You must know many stories, many instances like these. I just need to be with in touch people who understand it all.
Hopefully you can help me find some.
- #4 History of NDE Research (bbriblog2.wordpress.com)
- Virginia Hummel and Jean – Chicago IANDS Meeting (synchronousmoments.wordpress.com)
- Self-deception Prevalent in Seeking a Projected Spiritual Goal (epages.wordpress.com)
- On the reality of near-death experiences (dancingpastthedark.com)
- Against a Xenophobic Jonah (chriswerms.wordpress.com)
- 1st May Speaker Details: Predicting Language Outcome and Recovery After Stroke (aphasiaresearch.wordpress.com)
- Getting Un-Stuck (taxi-dog.com)