“everything” is a thing!
be at peace.
Zen Peace [A Story]
When a rebel army swept into a town in Korea, all the monks of the Zen temple fled except for the abbot.
The general came into the temple and was annoyed
that the abbot did not receive him with respect.
“Don’t you know,” he shouted, “that you are looking at a man who can run you through without blinking?”
“And you,” replied the abbot strongly, “are looking at a man who can be run through without blinking!”
The general stared at him, then made a bow and retired.
In my own version of the story, the monk dies! The lesson? Every one dies some day! The important issue is how one LIVES!
- Rumors of vice rattle China’s Shaolin monastery and the home of kung fu (csmonitor.com)
- Just read this: The Game of Chess – WOW ! [Dhananjay "Jay" Parkhe] (ecademy.com)
- Old Joke Revisited. (ralphiesportal.me)
- On the Kinds of Monks (oblosb.wordpress.com)
- Sesshu and the rat (zendictive.wordpress.com)